Day Twelve: write about five blessings in your life.
I’ve been thinking on this prompt for several days and every time I’d think of something I consider a blessing in my life, I couldn’t help but be of the opinion that they all sounded cliche in my head. With that being said, this is what I came up with: my five senses.
- Smell. I love the smell of spring and fresh life. It always makes me happy and feel alive. I love the way my daughter smells right after her bath. I love the way my house smells when I’m baking. Because I have been blessed with the sense of smell, I get to enjoy each of these things.
- Sight. The first moment I laid eyes on my daughter, I felt this love that I’d never known. When I see wildflowers growing on the side of a country road, my heart is happy. When I watch my husband playing with my daughter in the evenings, my heart swells. Watching my husband bend over to put on his spurs makes my heart go pitter-pat. Because I have been blessed with the sense of sight, I get to enjoy each of these things.
- Touch. Holding hands with my husband in the car or when he puts his arm around me during church, those are two of my favorite things. I love it when my daughter crawls up in my lap and puts her tiny hands in mine. I love the way my horses feel in the winter, so fuzzy and soft. I love the feeling of my over-sized fleece sweater. Because I’ve been blessed with the sense of touch, I get to enjoy each of these things.
- Taste. Oh how I love food. I love the first bite of cobbler, covered in ice cream. I love a fluffy, home cooked dinner roll. I love the crunch of chips and salsa. I love all things food. Because I have been blessed with the sense of taste, I get to enjoy all of these things.
- Hear. There is nothing sweeter than my daughter’s laugh. There have never been more precious words whispered in my ear than when my husband says he loves me. My favorite songs, birds chirping in the morning, rain tapping on my roof, and a cow mooing outside my window – all of these things make me happy. And because I’ve been blessed with the sense of hearing, I get to enjoy each of these things.
Have the best Monday ever, and count your blessings. Name them one by one.